Hi there,
this will be a pretty long post..... sorry for that! So sit back, sip a cup of coffee/ tea and enjoy it ;-)
I made some cards for a couple of challenges and wanted to schedule the posts (LOVE that possibility) but.... well, I could say life came in the way! I just was too lazy. We had a wonderful and calm weekend and enjoyed ourselves so much that we have been so lazy with "work". But I think this is wonderful to do if it is just once in a while, right?
So I have to show you all the cards I made for the challenges today because they are all due tomorrow :-))
The first one is for ColorDare #51: use the colors garden green, barely banana and melon mambo. Wow, that was hard for me. So I remembered the first time stamping and went with an easy and clean layout. I addeds some Dazzling Diamond to the background but it is hard to see on the photo .... Stamp is from PTI "Everyday button bits" and everything else from my stash.

The next card is for the Colorthrowdown #75. Another difficult color combo for me: garden green, rich razzleberry and mellow moss. Phew! I'm not too happy with this card but at least I gave it a try, right? I used the SU set Great Friend and a Martha Stewart butterfly punch. Like I said: kind of back to basics, huh?
Okay, I think I have a new favorite stamp set!!!! Boy, when I bought my first PTI stamp set a couple weeks ago I loved all the samples I saw on blogs and on SCS but couldn't find my way to use it. But when my friend Arielle told me about this color combo from Stampin' Royalty I knew exactly what I wanted to do. And I LOVE the result - may I say that about my own card? I have to admit that I was inspired by countless cards I saw on countless blogs that were made in the same way - so this is not my own idea :-( I wish I would be that creative ....
But anyhow ... I pulled out Damask Design from PTI designed by my idol Dawn McVey and went to work. I really like the colors together and how you can make your own designer paper ;) Kind of back to the basics in another way ...
Ribbon is from SU and rhinestone stickers are from Michael's.

And while I was stamping I thought of making an elegant card with the same set in black and white. Throw in some gray and you have met the challenge from Diva Coffeebreak #160. The border punch is from Martha Stewart. I added stickles to the middle of of each elemt but it is hard to see on the photo - sorry!

Here are both of my "treasures" together. I think at least one of them will be on the way to a new home very soon. A friend of mine send me an envie stuffed with wonderful images - just because ... ;-) I so appreaciate you, Carol!!!!!
Thank you everybody for taking the time to visit me and even leave a comment. This means very much to me and I appreciate all of you. I'm glad that I found a hobby where you meet the best folks ever :-)
Hugs to y'all and have a wonderful day
Tanja
5 comments:
I love that card! It's fabulous. Where is the stamp from? I don't know what PTI is - sorry!
Thanks so much for checking out Stampin' Royalty!
Hi Tanja... late or not... it is a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for coming over to Stampin' Royalty to check us out! Check back tomorrow for a new challenge:)
I love your card! Such an elegant one! Thanks for coming over and checking us out at Stampin' Royalty! we look forward to seeing what you come up with next!
Thanks for playing along with the Divas!! I love all your cards!
Wow, great cards. Nice job with the Black & White for the Diva challenge!
Post a Comment