Saturday, February 13, 2010

StampingBella Blog Hop!

Hi there,

and welcome to the fantabulous "Love me do" blog hop from Stampingbella. And guess ... the theme for today's hop is LOVE!!!!!
When you came from Carisa's blog you are on the right track. If you just popped in today you may want to go back and start at the Stampingbella blog.


I tried my hands on a new-for-me fold: A free-standing pop-up card. You can find a tutorial for this at SCS or at Beate John's blog. I used topiarybella for this one and matted her on wild wasabi cs and a valentines DP that I had in my stash for decades ;-). The sentiment is from SU "three little words" set and was stamped in rose red on rose red cardstock. I colored Bella with watercolor pencils and blended her with a blender pen. Threw in some stickles, dew drops, organza ribbon and a heart brad. I I think the base of the pop-up is still a little plain but I'm more of a clean and simple girl anyway *insert smile here*

Thank you for visiting me today and have lots of fun when you hop over to my friend Jeanette's blog
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs Tanja

Recipe:
stamp: topiarybella Stampingbella, Three little words from SU
ink: rose red, basic black
paper: rose red, whisper white, wild wasabi, DP from my stash
others: white organza ribbon SU, dew drops, red stickles, heart brad, sponge, watercolor pencils, blender pen

31 comments:

GabrielaD said...

very cute!!

Ginger said...

Adorable! I am going to have to try this technique - it is really cool! Great sponging!

Karen Motz said...

What a super FUN pop-up card!!!

paula tracy williamson said...

Love your card and so pretty!!

Angela said...

Awesome job! I love how you have colored your Bella and the sponging around the main panel!

Angie Williams said...

great pop up card!

Unknown said...

How clever! I love this!

d'Dragon said...

Very cute & very brave of you - I'm not there yet!

Debi said...

lovve that you did this as a pop up card!

Kandi said...

So pretty, love Topiarybella! Aren't those pop up cards fun? I haven't made one in a while, I need to do that. Thanks for the inspiration! Happy Valentine's Day!

Jennifer Roach said...

Very cute!! There are so many fun and different card styles along this hop....I always do boring plain cards LOL!

Dana White said...

love the pop up card - very sweet

Anonymous said...

Hi Sistah! I love your card. The images is perfect - all those hearts and the sponging is a great technique! I've never tried it but now... Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

dweatter said...

Cute card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tanja, your card is amazing! I love it!

*Susan* said...

Hi Sweetie!! Oh I just love your pop-up Bella card! What a beautiful coloring job - the sponging is perfect! SO pretty!! {hug}

Kerry Johnson said...

Cute!! Love your pop-up card and your sponging is perfect!

Vicki Burns said...

So pretty and super cool! I am going to try this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love it! Great job!

Jenn Borjeson said...

SO pretty!!!

Jodi C. said...

This is FABULOUS!!! Think I have to try it!!!

Marlene said...

Love it!

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty. TFS
JoAnn

Catherine said...

Tanja! Hey GF!
This is so cute! Love the pop-up! That ribbon is yummy and your sponging is fab! Great job!

arlene said...

Love the pop up card. I need to try this technique.

Gena Porter - aka GDP2001 said...

great card!

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

WOW, amazing job! I really like this pop up card, very creative!

Cassie said...

great project! i've always wanted to try one of those!

Sheila D said...

Wow, this is a great project. Fantastic job! I've never tried one of these, but seeing how great yours came out, I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Jess Willison said...

What a great idea! Love it!