Thursday, October 1, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge

Good morning!

I'm back with two (!!) cards for Dawn McVey's color challenge. She wants the participants to use aqua, kraft, red, chocolate and cream. Boy, the red gave me a hard time but finally I decided to put it together like this!


And once I started with this combo I wanted to try another stamp set from Dawn that hasn't seen ink before. So I created this card with the "Damask Design" ... LOVE this set!
I'm not quite satisfied with the result - everytime I finish a card I got ideas what else I could have done or added. That drives me crazy! But anyways ...


I really like the bright color from the aqua (well, tempting turquoise). If you have time please play - there are so many nice people in this challenge and you can make lots of new friends :-)

Have a wonderful day and thank you for popping in ***waving****

Hugs Tanja

Deets:

card1:
stamp: In Bloom - PapertreyInk, Damask design for Sentiment - PapertreyInk
ink: tempting turquoise, chocolate chip classic - SU
paper: kraft, very vanilla, real red,
others: choc chip grosgrain ribbon, pearl stickers, distressing tool, dimensionals

card2:
stamp: Damask Design - PapertreyInk
ink: choc chip craft ink
paper: kraft, very vanilla, real red, tempting turquoise
others: detail clear EP, corduroy button choc chip, rhinestone sticker, MS glitter & two-way clue pen

2 comments:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Both of these cards are real beauties! Way to rock Dawn's color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Mary Giles said...

Oooh I love these colors together and you did a great job with these cards!