Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's ugly

Good afternoon!!!

Do you wanna see an ugly card? Go ahead and have a look at this.

Have you ever been there? You have an idea, you have exactly the perfect stamp and it doesn't wanna come together? That happened to me with this "creation"


I wanted to play the Sweet Stop Challenge, liked the sketch and had this beautiful wreath stamp from their shop. Coloring was okay and then ... blackout! But well,.... next time I will be better ;-) , right?

Thank you for popping in - take care, my friends!
Hugs Tanja

Deets:

stamp: Christmas Poisettias - Sweet'n Sassy
ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
paper: watercolor pencils and blending pen riding hood red, whisper white, garden green, Holiday lounge DP SU
other: gold stickles, scallop rectangle Nesties, border punch and corner punch EK sucess, Desinger Label punch, red buttons, organza ribbon SU, dimensonals

7 comments:

kadie said...

This is NOT ugly! In fact, you've have provided me with such inspiration because I just happened to have ordered this stamp this morning!! I really love the texture of the background on this. And the embellishments are perfect!

Barb g (WV) said...

Sooooo NOT ugly! The colors are great and the image is colored very well...and I love all the sparkle you've added...it is a fun card. I'm so glad you participated with the SSS24 sketch, and do hope you will join us again each Saturday with new challenges...and remember, for the SSS Sketch Challenges, you can use ANY stamp company product and images....you are not limited to SNSS images for these challenges...makes it a whole lotta fun!
Hope we will see you again soon.
Barbg(WV)

Nicole said...

This is totally NOT ugly! You should see my beginning stamping cards, now THOSE ARE ugly! LOL! This is a great take on The Sweet Stop sketch! Thanks for playing along and I hope to see you again this Saturday! Hugs, Nicole

Mary Giles said...

Ugly was not the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this card...ugly didn't even register. What thought did come to mind was that this a very pretty, elgegant, and traditional style Christmas card. We are always too hard on ourselves. Be proud of this one Tanja.

Catherine said...

Are you kidding me?!? This is NOT ugly! Trust me, I've made & received some, and this is totally not an ugly card!

{{{{hugs}}}}

Lorie said...

It's official!! Did you read all thos above posts? This is so NOT ugly!! The traditional red and green is stunning, and I LOVE that stamp! I don't have it yet, but I LOVE it!! We are indeed our own worst critics, but trust me sweetie. This is BEAUTIFUL!!

MiamiKel said...

Ditto, tritto and quatro! Or whatever number I am on the long list to say das ist sehr wunderbar!! FAR FAR from ugly! I love the colors, your image is colored to perfection and it's actually a beauty!