Hi there,
yes, I'M IN LOVE! Last month I ordered the Key Ingredients from Taylored Expression plus one of the new stamp sets "Oh the places you'll go". ANd yesterday I tried it all for the first time and couldn't stop!!! The colors are fantastic, the ribbon matches so perfectly the buttons ar precious and last but not least the stamps ..... Holy Smoke!!!! Just fantastic!!!!!
I have to admit that I didn't like Dr. Seuss... I know, you are shocked, right? Please keep in mind I was born and raised in Germany and have never ever heard of this guy before. But all the times when I heard about Dr. Seuss or my kids read a book in preschool I couldn't help but always asked myself "What the heck have ham and green eggs in common (what are green eggs?)" or "Why should a cat wear a hat like this" .
... Yes, let's say I had no idea, okay? Here is the story:
I found a sneak peek to this stamp set on Lauri Schmidlin's blog and checked it out. During my browse through the web -inspired by this set and because I was just curious about the Dr. Seuss' books- I found the most wonderful book for kids "Oh the places you'll go".
Next day Barnes & Noble! I grabbed this book and flipped through the pages and couldn't help but tears ran down my face. The text fits so perfectly for my two little boys ... The lady from customer service walked by with Kleenex, patted my back and said "It's okay, honey. That's why everybody loves Dr. Seuss!" Like I do now .... ;-)
And when I saw the challenge at the TE blog yesterday I had to pull out my new toys and give it a try. All supplies I used where part of the Key Ingredients from last month (I just added kraft cs from SU and stamped on Neenah white ultra smooth - great paper)
Thank you for listening/ reading - every time I think of this story I'm getting sentimental :-)
Hugs Tanja
6 comments:
Such a sweet story, Tanja! Glad to hear you're a new Dr. Seuss lover! Your cards are beautiful!
Love Dr Seuss!! When my daughter graduated from High School last year I used Oh The Places you will Go as the theme for her party.....sniff!
Fabulous cards!!! The sponging around the image is a nice touch. So glad you're enjoying your Key Ingredients...I can't live without them!
Love your card! It has a lot of meaning for me. We have 3 wonderful grandsons. Our youngest just turned 3, has just been diagnosed with autism. This card really hit home for me. Thanks for sharing.!
well you brought some tears to my eyes recounting your story at Barnes & Noble, how sweet. Your cards are wonderful - I'm so glad you discovered them. When you get a chance, please take a look at the little promise book I made my 3 1/2 yr old niece http://www.serenityinstamping.com/2009/09/taylored-expressions-sneak-peek-places.html
Awwww. You make me all sniffly too! Your cards are so pretty, and your story is touching! Dr. Suess is so much fun. I have the ABC book memorized, and my kids still get a kick out of saying "Hey Mom! Big A, little A, what begins with A?" Then I'm off and running!!! Great memories, Tanja, my friend! Great memories!!! Take a look at the book I'll Love You Forever. It's a tear jerker.
Post a Comment