Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dreaming Cutie

Hi there,

last night I went crazy .... Well, my sewing machine broke down a couple weeks ago and I haven't found another yet. So, when I saw the challenge at "Viva la Verve" (sketch challenge with the twist "shabby chic") I wanted to create a card that has sewing on it. Due to the fact of my broken machine I went ahead and sewed by hand - oh my, it took me the whole evening! But I like it. And it made my paper even more shabbier ;-)


To give all the items a more used look I sponged nearly everything with distress ink - even the ribbon. Unfortunately the pictures doesn't show it very well.

Thank you for visiting me today - have a wonderful Tuesday

Hugs Tanja

Deets:

stamp: laying Tilda - Magnolia
paper: bravo burgundy - SU, wild raspberry - K&Company
ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen Distress ink
others: dimensionals, SU markers, scallop circle nesties, white gel pen, rhinestone flourishes, sponge, needle and threat, ribbon, distressing tool

5 comments:

kadie said...

That sewing by hand does take a long time, but this turned out just perfect! I love it! Especially the sewing and that crochet!

Naturliche Body Bliss said...

OOH Pretty! I love the lacy bits and the bling!

Mary Giles said...

What a beautiful card and that sewing adds the perfect touch along with that lace.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Tanja, your card is amazing! I love everything about it!!! I'm sure the sewing took forever, but it was time well spent because it helps to make this card superb!

Lorie said...

Oh, me loves that shabby chic!! It's just gorgeous, Tanja!! I love the distressed ink, and crocheted lace! So very pretty! Little Magnolia looks so content there! Sah-weet!!!