Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Announcement - tadaaaa!


Hi there,

have you heard the news yet? No? Do you want to know something veeeery exciting? Yes??? :)))))
Tadaaaa: Lori Boyd's new digi shop is opening and she is announcing her DT today. Ha, I thought that you might think "okay, so what?" but wait: I'm in her DESIGN TEAM, YEAH!!!!

Boy, I'm so excited. I feel so honored and I'm so looking forward to work with these talented ladies - you really should go and check out their blogs (you can find the links in the DT badge on the right side of this blog). Pure inspiration !
Thank you so much, Lori, for this opportunity!

Okay, now to my card for today.
I wanted to make one with a digi from Lori but when we plugged in our printer it made "poof", smelled like burnt eggs and .... nothing. So no printing here for me at the moment. I went back to my trusted Lucas Puddlejumper and put him on a card - here we go. The layout is from Mercy's sketch here and the card matches the Stampin' Royalty challenge too :).

And I tried my hands on some stitching again - usually a big deal for me because I'm not able to sew a straight line for 1/2 of an inch ... this time it worked pretty well and I really like how the black threat brings it all together. What do you think?

Thank oyu for stopping by today and celebrating with me!
Hugs Tanja

Supplies:
stamps: Lucas Puddlejumper by Lori Boyd, sentiment from My Guy Ian- TGF
ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
paper: sahara sand, PTI white, basic gray, Apple Jack DP from Sassafras
others: Copics, Stamping Pastels, sewing maschine and black threat, Mat Stack 1 die PTI, inverted scalloped circle nesties, buttons PTI, dimensionals


32 comments:

Carol<>< said...

congratulations Tanja on your DT call. sound exciting.
That is a huge move that you are making, Wow! Germany, how exciting is that!!!! I bet you had a watchful eye over your craft supplies, I would have.
best of luck on the move,
Carol<><

Imke said...

Hi Tanja,

conrats on your DT call.Great news !! Your card is very sweet. I like the DP and your coloring. Sew a straight line ? Hey it´s handmade and i looks great as it is.

Moccavanila by Vera Rhuhay said...

Wow..Tanya your card is so darling!!!
I love the PP you've used too!

MiamiKel said...

Ohhhh Herzlichen Glückwunsch!! Tanja!! They have picked a WINNER! You are an amzing girl, super crafter and talented beyond belief - woohoo, wunderbar, congratulations! x0x0

Jacqueline said...

Congrats on being on the DT!! LOVE this card! So beautiful!

Deirdre said...

Congrats on your DT "job"... adore your creation - adore Lori's images too.... Loved the hop. Lots of fun.

Linda said...

Hi Tanja what a sweet post. Oh is it is so hard to make a big move like that. You are in my thought and prayers.
I love your card and as so excited to be on the team with someone so gifted.
Hugs,
Linda
your new Lollipop Sister

Sherry Eckblad said...

Tanja, such a sweet card and I am going to enjoy working with you as a BLD DT member.

Lillian Child said...

Congrats on the DT call! And what an adventure - moving! Bet you can't wait to get settled into the new space!!

Brodders said...

Tanja I wish you all the best for your move x So pleased to be joining you on the DT x

Tina Lisenby said...

Congratulations on being on the DT, Tanja! I look forward to seeing your cards using Lori's adorable designs. Have fun in Germany. I lived there for 20 years and miss a lot of the wonderful food. Enjoy your travels abroad!

Judy said...

congrats on making Lori's design team, enjoyed your darling card.

Lori said...

Congrats on your new DT spot! Your version of the sketch is adorable--love the stitched circle.

Shanda Stirk said...

Your card is so delightful - the design and the stitching are great! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the DT spot - you totally deserve it! I know you're going to rock the assignments and I can't wait to see what you put together for us.

awesome card and the stitching does pull it all together. Fantastic!

ThePurplePlace said...

What a sweet card you made with Lucas! I actually own him in the Digi Images along with several of Lori's designs.

I WISH you all the very best and was happy to hear the new!

Happy Crafting,
Lisa

PS; My best wishes to you on your big MOVE!! :0

Hands On said...

Love all your different dsp layers! Congrats on your DT spot. Thanks for playing with Stampin' Royalty.

Rhonda Miller said...

Soo cute. TFS.

Dawn said...

Love, love, LOVE this card! So bright and cute, and your colouring is just amazing!

scrappingdragon said...

love your card its so cute!!

Cara said...

Very cute PJ card! Congrats on the DT!

Maria Matter said...

fantastic card Tanja!!! love the colors & the black stitching...perfect!

Fika said...

congrats Tanja on your DT spot with BLD!! what a cute card!! LOVE it :)

marsha said...

Congrats! This is super cute - fabulous coloring and love the stitching!
Hugs, Marsha

Judy McMullen said...

OMG! I am so excited for you, Tanja! I just heard about the good news on the SOTC thread and had to pop over to see for myself that you are now on a design team! You so deserve this honor and I LOVE your card. It is darling and reminds of your cute boys!! Speaking of your boys be sure and give them a hug and a kiss from their "cyber auntie"! : )
Hugs to you too, dear friend!

Cecelia said...

Oh how cute!!!
Great coloring and embellishments…

karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS TANJA!!!!!!!!!
They lucked out finding you!!!
XOXOXOXOXO

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on making the DT!! What a cute card! Love it.

savvy teaching tips said...

congrats on making the design team. You've done a fabulous job with the stitching challenge over here at Stampin' Royalty.

kadie said...

Tanja!!! I'm SO over the moon excited for you!! Congratulations!!! And congrats to Lori too for finding such a treasure in YOU!! You're such a wonderfully talented artist and I'm so excited to see all of your awesome creations for Lori's shop!! Yipeeeeeee!!

LORi said...

Gorgeous Tanja!!! I am sooo happy you have joined us...and very thankful for your friend Arielle's high recommendation!! She is very fond of you!!

HUGS - LORi

~Paola~ said...

Hello my friend...
Congratulations for your new DT position Tanja!...Interesting how I posted it on the S'Hood but totally forgot to sending my best wishes here,right away...
better later than nevah I supposed...LOL
Anyways...U certainly deserve the recognition...your creative cards are absolutly beautiful,each and every one of them..
I'ts about time someone 'grabbed' ya! :o) *hugZZZ*