Sunday, April 25, 2010


Hello and welcome to the monthly PapertreyInk blog hop!!!

This month let's focus on tissue paper! It has become one of the hottest trends in the paper crafting
world and we want to see you take it on! Whether it is die-cutting it to make beautiful layered blooms,
the faux silk technique, creating layered backgrounds or even delicate stitched pleated borders, we want
to see you get creative! And don't forget, your new stamps arrive lovingly wrapped in tissue paper each
month, so these can prove to be "free & green" projects as well! Have fun and we look forward to
seeing all of your projects!



And this is my take! I used the tissue paper that came with my last order and stamped my brandnew argyle stamps from "A little Argyle" on it. Then I glued the tissue onto PTI white cardstock, used one of the chairs from Lisa Johnson's new "Chair-ished" set and stamped it over the pattern and cut them out.

I then took a polka dot II stamp, inked it up with soft sky, stamped it on scrap paper and stamped it again on my white cardbase. That gave just a hint of the polka dots as a background.. like a soft rug or just a floor ... (unfortunately it is nearly invisible on the photo :( )
The chairs were stamped on the polka dots and I then adhered the argyle seats onto them. I finished the card with a black stripe from "Distressed Stripes", a red twine, Aqua Mist button and a sentiment from "On my couch" stamped in real red on an aqua mist distressed stripe.

Can you say "I love clean and simple"? ;-)

Thank you for stopping by!!!
Hugs Tanja

31 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Great way to use that tissue paper! Those are some stylish chairs!! Great job!

Marge said...

What a darling card -- LOVE it!!! NEED that set (among MANY)!

Keva said...

That is an AWESOME idea. I love it. Great card!!

Cammie said...

Great upholstering! What a fun and fresh card!

Lisa Voerg said...

I love the detail in your chairs. What a great idea!

Deb C said...

The line of chairs is so sweet!

TFS~

Amy said...

I just love this!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love it! I have this set and haven't used it yet. Great job!

Mariana said...

What an awesome CAS card I love the texture and that adorable red twine just makes it perfect!

Christi said...

fantastic card!!! I love clean and simple too. You rocked it.

Jessica said...

Oh my gosh, I love how clean and simple this card seems, yet it's just striking! Great colour scheme too!

Anika said...

Love those little argyle chairs! I would love a set for my house!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Cute idea to work it with the chairs. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

peggysue said...

What a sweet set of chairs! Cute idea and I am liking the argyle.

Nerina said...

great CAS card - like a breath of fresh air!

BethieJ said...

Oh this is so CUTE!
Happy Hopping!

Diane Jaquay said...

Awesome card, love those chairs!!

Lorraine said...

Those chairs are so darn cute! Love your idea and your card!

Elizabeth S. said...

Wonderful idea! Love those chairs.

Sara Mac said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love the little argyle chairs.

Chris Simon said...

Great idea! I love the way you upholstered the chairs with the argyle. And you're going to be held partly responsible for my NEEDING the Distressed Stripes set, which I didn't buy on release night. Silly me!

Amy Kolling said...

Loving those chairs all lined up and with argyle on them!

Barbara said...

So stinkin' CUTE! Love that color combo!

Anonymous said...

Tanja - another awesome card! Just love it and your clean and simple style is wonderful.

*Susan* said...

This is wonderful! Just love the beautiful clean & simple style! {hug}

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love those argyle chairs! Just great!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

CAS and oh so nice!

Shay said...

Outstanding and stylish card! I love how you used the argyle on the tissue paper. Wonderful job!

Pam W. said...

Love it! I would like to have some chairs like that.

Theresa Tyree said...

You've inspired my to ink up my new argyle stamp set! WEll, the chairished set too for that matter! LOL!

Taheerah said...

Very cute, love the colours you used!