Monday, September 28, 2009

A new post and another PKS challenge

Hi there,

I know, it has been a long time since my last post! Sorry about that. We were busy with organizing a German Oktoberfest here and last weekend we took a time-out and went to the beaches. In between there were a lot of appointments and other stuff going on like stomach-bug, flu, .....

But now I'm back and I have to show you lots of stuff I was working on during the last weeks.


Peachy Keen Stamps have a HUGE blog-candy and you can still win it until October 23th!!! Go get it!!!!!
And they have a new challenge going on this week. What about hop over to there blog and play. You should make an ornament and you have to add something gold and a hanging device - and a stamped image!

I ended up using a circle chipboard that I covered with Ski Slope DP. I punched out all the snowflakes with my Martha Stewart snowflakes punch, added them to the chipborad and placed a rhinestone in each center. The old olive scallop circle was punched out too and golden stickles were added. My dear "What's so funny snowman" came to good use again. I colored him in with just a little bit of my watercolor pencils and added red stickles and white liquid appliqué. Finally I'm not really satisfied with the result ... something is missing, hm? But anyway!

I had Gretel from C.C. Design sitting on my desk for a long time and wanted to give her a great sketch but I couldn't get it right. Until I found a sketch over at The Pink Elephant. And I adore this SU Cottage Wall DP - both together made a nice card for a girlfriend. I have to admire that it looks like I didn't level it out correctly but I meassure everything...

I hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for stopping by today - I will post more often - I promise ;-)

Hugs Tanja

Deets:

Ornament:
circle chipboard, Ski Slope DP, MS snowflake punch, rhinestone Kaiser Carfts, Scallop circle and oval punch SU, red and gold stickles, white liquid appliqué, riding hood red ribbon, "What's so funny snowman" PKS; watercolor pencils, dimensionals

Gretel:
stamp: "Gretel" Swiss Pixies, C.C. Design
ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
paper: Canson Watercolor paper, cottage wall DP, whisper white, old olive, rich razzleberry textured
others: chit-chat rub-ons SU, SU markers, old olive grosgrain ribbon, Nesties Label 1 and 3, Big Shot, Dew Drops, Stardust Stickles

1 comment:

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

Hi Tanja! WOW.. both the ornament and your card are so beautiful! I love that you used just the head of What's so funny snowman! That is SO clever!! Thanks so much for playing along with us!! ;)KathyJ