Saturday, August 1, 2009

Verve blog-hop

Hello everybody!

Welcome to the first ever official Anni-VERVE-sary Blog Hop. Verve turns two today and we’re celebrating with a hop, hop, hop! The party kicked off over on the Verve blog, so if you’ve just happened along, be sure to hop on over there to start from the beginning! And to make this party a real shindig, there’s a mystery jackpot hidden at one of the stops along the hop. One lucky commenter on that blog will win Verve’s entire August release! But of course, it wouldn’t be a mystery if you knew which blog, would it? So if you’re feeling the love, give a little shout out to the bloggers in the hop and you just might have a reason to jump for joy!

This is my entry for the blog-hop. You could think I made a Father's-Day-card but this one is so perfect for my husband. I'm so blessed to have such a supportive and loving man on my side that I would "fly" with him to the end of the world. And he is my hero because he kills every single spider in our house for me even at 3 o'clock in the morning (and because of a million other reasons). You probably don't wanna know all this - so I will stop babbling now.


Thanks for stopping by!
Now it’s time to hop on over to Beth’s blog, for a little more Verve-y goodness.


Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

Hugs Tanja

Deets:
stamps: Up and away - Verve (sentiment is from Father knows best - Papertreyink - pssst!)
ink: basic black
paper: soft suede textured, mellow moss, very vanilla, Basic Grey "Archaic"
others: border punch MS, Paperpercing tools SU, Twill ribbon, button brads from Michael's, Dew Drops Robin's Nest

121 comments:

Nancy in Iowa said...

I Tanja - we're neighbors! I preceed you on the hop. I'm number 65! Just wanted to say Hey (or should I say HAY) since I'm sitting here in Iowa.
Enjoy the day! It's my first hop too! Check in withyou later!!!

Libby Hickson said...

So gorgeous! I love those balloons. Love the swirly border on the side.

Kim said...

Lovely, Tanja!

Anonymous said...

I like how soft and subtle your card is. Very pretty!

Scrappy said...

Great card! Love the subtle colors! I *SO* must get this set! Thanks for sharing!

Renée said...

wow, this is lovely! great colours and details!

Rachel B said...

I love the sentiment on the ribbon! i also love your balloons. Isn't that set too cool?!

Unknown said...

Wonderful!

Teresa Kline said...

luv the little twill ribbon tag, soooo cute!

enjoy *~*

Dani said...

Love how you put the sentiment on the twill, great job! Wonderful card!

Mindy Andreyo said...

I just love the hot air balloons. They are being added to my wish list!!!!

Kristina said...

What a fantastic masculine card! Love the sentiment stamped on the ribbon!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great border punch and stamping on ribbon details.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Janet said...

Very nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Shannan Teubner said...

This is awesome! I love how you stamped on the twill!

Christi Flores said...

I love that border punch! Beautiful!!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Perfect combination of DP with stamp! This is awesome! Perfect for a dear hubby card!
All good wishes,
Nancy

Tricia said...

Wonderful colors and use of the balloon set!!!

Alyssa S said...

Great card! I love how you staggered the punched edge :o)

Lynn said...

cute card!

Jodi Collins said...

Beautiful! LOVe the sentiment on the twill!

Carrie said...

Beautiful. What a great card and I'm sure your DH will love it!

-etch said...

Great work. The colors are super.

Kathy W said...

I like the paper piercing, wavy border and pretty balloons on this card.

Susan said...

What a great card for a great hubby. I really love the layout and colors of this card. TFS!

Marion said...

This is a really nice card. Marion

Sue D said...

Great card--I'm sure he will appreciate it!

Beverly said...

Love the wavy edge of the two panels in your design.. What a beautiful card!

Regina Mangum said...

I love the wavy border punch. Very cute!

Bethany Paull said...

Love the compass to go with these balloons. Great idea.

Rosie said...

Love the whole combo.....looks awesome!

Janine said...

Great masculine card

Janelle Stollfus said...

Like the compass paper in the background. Such a great card! TFS

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

It's perfect for a guy! Great job!

Tanya said...

Beautiful! I really need to get this set! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Linda w said...

Very pretty card Tanja.

thanks much

Desiree said...

Verve Stamps are fairly new to me and I love them. I'm always excited to see something new created with them.

Thanks for sharing.

Doris said...

love the border and the colors. Beautiful!
And how nice that you have someone to take care of the spiders! My husband does that too!

JenMarie said...

Ooo...LOVE this!! WOW!

jennifer mitten said...

I am loving these balloons - I like the compasses on the side - would be a great motif for a map, too:-)

Michelle said...

That is a very nice card!

Candy said...

I love how you used the edge punch. A very cool card!

Jackie said...

Perfect card for a guy! I love the punched and pierced edges, too.

Emily said...

Love those borders and the bling on your balloons! Great card for a guy! I feel the same way you do about spiders hee hee:))

Anonymous said...

so cute :)

Tami Grandi said...

Love these balloons and the colors you chose!

Melissa said...

Great card, I really love the paper pieceing.

Beth S said...

Love the colour combo

JPScraps said...

Lovely card! Love the balloons.

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a wonderful creation! BR-t

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Love the way you stacked the balloons!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Lovely Tanja! Great colors!

Lynda Benden said...

This is awesome!!! What a wonderful tribute to your husband, I'm sure he will love it!

crazy4scrappin said...

Great card...I am sure he will love it too!!!

Shelly said...

Great card Tanja!!! Love the soft subtle colors. TFS!!

Shelly :)
Manitoba, Canada

Tanja said...

Beautiful, simple layout. Gorgeous colours. And *bonus* you spell your name the same as me!!

Karen said...

cute card - I like your colors :)

KanataNewf said...

ooooh....this is soooo very pretty.

Becky Carafa said...

cute! I love the bling!

Colleen said...

Beautiful card!

Linda Carson said...

Very handsome artwork!

Kerri said...

Awww, how sweet for your wonderful hubby! I love the sentiment tag!

Cheri said...

Love your card! The compass stamp is great!

Jackie said...

This is just so lovely! What a great job!

Donna Baker said...

nice, love the bling

Enchanting Stamping said...

Great card. Lovely color combination!

Stampin_melissa said...

Such a great (and masculine) card! And you DO have a great hubby, any man that will kill all the spiders for you is worth keeping around! ;D

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors you used as well as that border!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Love the colors and papers you used. Thanks so much for playing along in our hop! :)

Paula said...

love the piecing. great balloon card.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

very cute. LOVE that ballon

Jodi said...

Very cute card and I love the stamped ribbon.

Martha said...

Love your masculine card!

scrappysue said...

love all those dots!

Chrisd said...

Your little details really send this up,up, and away.

Diane said...

Neat card.....fun!

Debbie Yates said...

I, too, have a "Hero" husband....he is wonderful!

Your card is so awesome!

Randee E said...

Cute cute card. Love the little bling on the balloon - perfect!

sanadon said...

Great card! Thank you for sharing and giving us a chance to win GREAT stamps from verve! (In this very fun but LONG blog hop).
Sylvia

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty card! I love the paper piecing!

Pat S. said...

That's funny, about the spiders. He sounds like a wonderful guy! Oh, BTW...love your card, too :)

STAMPING SAM said...

Nice sketch and punching!

Lynne said...

Love your colours and the compass paper - beautiful card!

xrciznuts said...

Nice Card! Great color choice! :)
Kim Smith

lorene said...

great card!! love the colors

Lorene H

Nena said...

Superb card and what a great reason to make a card!
The images and DP are a great pair as are you two:-)
Congrats!!!

KB said...

Great card thanks for sharing

mitch47 said...

Another winner! I really like the card, and I'm certain your "hero" will love it.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!

frogers said...

Cute card.
Faye

Cazzy said...

Perfect masculine card, love it.

Cazzy x

Chandra Hough said...

Very nice, masculine card!

Teri C said...

These are really nice stamps! Thanks for sharing!

Tina said...

Nice card! TFS.

cvanderslice said...

great card! I love seeing masculine cards, I make so few of them it is nice to get inspired!

Patti Jo said...

Love the border! Nice card!!!

annesatx said...

A man who kills spiders for you in the middle of the night sounds like a keeper! What a nice card you made for him. Lovely!

Anonymous said...

awesome card.... i bet he loved it!!

Moosisk said...

Love the card. Thanks for sharing.

Kelli Hull said...

What a great card!!!!!

CraftinGranny said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing.

Meda said...

Wonderful card! I love the pattern on the balloons.

Shabby Shaz said...

Nice masculine card and just love the balloons.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love your paper pierced balloons, awesome card!

Jen said...

Two thumbs up! I really love these balloons. And the design of this card is really terrific!!

Thank you for sharing!

scrappingnana said...

Very cute card.

Heather B said...

I really like your card!!

Chris Simon said...

What a great "guy" card. Love it!

Helen F. said...

GREAT design and layout of your card! Love the color combo too.

Raquel said...

nicely done!

txbluiz said...

great card!

SueB said...

This card is very nice! Like how you decorated the balloons!

Marsha said...

Great card. Love the balloons.

Tami Putvin said...

What a great reason to make a card too.. My hubby is the same.. I just love him.. You card turned out spectacular and I just know he is going to love it.. Thanks for sharing.

wishing you abundant blessings,
Tami

Gary and Evalee said...

love it!! Just found your blog and verve!!! Thanks for sharing.

Maureen said...

Great card! Love the punched borders and the bling!

Maureen said...

So sweet! Love the border punch :)

pammy jo said...

great border and a perfect sentiment for father's day, i think. great card :)

Barbara said...

Great border. Cute card

Angel said...

not sure if the Verve blog contest is still going on, but just wanted to say your card is just so cool!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love this! Great colors and patterns, and I love the stamped twill sentiment!