Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scraps Vol. II

Good morning!

I'm back with another "scrap"-card - as promised....

I had these balloon images stamped on DP sitting on my desk starring at me. So I decided it is time to use them. And because it's challenge time here ;-) I decided to create a scene which I rarely do (I'm always scared when I see what great cards people can make by creating a scene ...).


It wasn't a big deal. A little bit of masking and sponging (the sky should have been lighter but for one reason I grabbed brilliant blue and sponged it without trying it before ...) a lot of paperpiecing .. et voilĂ  - here is my ballon scene!

I just love this stamp set "up and away" from Verve. Usually I see their stamps and think "oh, how nice" but I have no idea what to do with them. When I saw this one I a bunch of ideas popped in my mind and just HAD to buy it ... You will probably see some more cards made with those cuties :-)

Have a wonderful day and thanks for popping in today.
Hugs Tanja

Recipe:
stamp: "Up and away" from Verve
ink: basic black, kiwi kiss, bashful blue, brilliant blue,
paper: brilliant blue, natural white, basic black, garden green, Basic Grey "Archaic"
others: SU "chit-chat" rub-ons, dimensionals, sponge, post-it note

2 comments:

karen said...

Very cute!
NOw this is the 2nd card I've seen this month stamped on DP. I know its not a new thing, but I have never tried it!

Thanks for the inspiration Tanja! I think I will try it soon!

Lorie said...

Fabulous card, Tanja! Great paper piecing, and I love that stamp set too!!!