Monday, November 29, 2010

our new home



Hi there,

finally the day is here when we get the "contract" for our NEW HOME!!! Yes, hubby and I finally broke down and decided to BUY a home instead of renting.

For all you guys in the US: in Germany the prices for a home on a small piece of land are just ridiculous expensive. But when we saw this jewel we couldn't resist and bought it right away.
:)




Main entrance


our fireplace - gotta LOVE it


backyard with enough space for the boys to play :)

The only "negative" thing is that we have to wait until April 1st to get the keys and start moving in - when you rent a house you have to tell the landlord 3 month in advance that you gonna move out by then (insert rolleyes - Germany!) So I have to be patient but at least I can start planning now.

Thank you for letting me share my excitement with you
Special hugs to y'all
Tanja

10 comments:

Angy said...

Oh Tanja, das is sehr schon. (Hope I spelled that right). What a gorgeous place. I would have jumped on that too! Wow, so lovely. Congrats! Make I ask where you are? I am an American living just south of Heidelberg in the Badem-Wurtemburg region of Germany.

Lorie said...

Oh my goodness, Tanja! You just bought MY dream home! Not only is the house gorgeous, but the garden/yard is breathtaking! What a gem you've found, and what a warm and wonderful home you will make it! Congratulations to you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tanja! I knew I picked a good day to catch up on my blogs :) It looks just wonderful and I know that you will be so happy there. Be sure to keep us posted on the move - I know April seems so far away but it will come quick!

Hugs and much love to you.
Michelle

*Susan* said...

Congratulations Tanja! Your new house is beautiful! It is so warm and inviting, and the fireplace looks wonderful! The rose trellis is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see pictures of all of you enjoying the lovely gardens! So glad you found this beautiful jewel! {HUG}

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh my Tanja - SO GORGEOUS!!! I don't think I could bear to wait either!!! I'm so happy for you guys!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Tanja, that is one beautiful home and property! If I wasn't nostalgic to go "home" before, I am now! What a beauty - I know you and your hubby will fill it with many wonderful new memories and the boys will have a super place to grow up - Congratulations!

Barb said...

Tanja--this house is so pretty and I love the fireplace too. The boys will love the backyard. Congrats on your purchase and I am sure the time will go fast until you all get to enjoy in person!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh wow!!!! What a magnificent house! It truly IS a jewel!! I lived in Germany for four years and loved it!

Jennifer said...

Very nice!!! LOVE the front view and the beautiful property!!Congratulations!! (=

kadie said...

Oh my goodness, Tanja! Your house is stunning! GORGEOUS! I want to come live with you :)
Congratulations!

P.S. Hope you and the boys feel better soon!