Friday, May 7, 2010

There She Goes blog-hop!!!



Hi there,

welcome to the There She Goes Mother of All Blog Hops! If you have arrived here from Joanne's blog, then you are in the right spot. If not, I recommend that you start back on the There She Goes company blog to get the introduction to our hop as well as the information you will need in order to enter to win some exciting prizes!

Before you read any further: I just wanted to apologize for the pretty bad photos today. Whatever I tried the pic were either blurry or they had too much light. That is the reason why I couldn't show you a photo from the lid! Grrrrr, so sorry! I will definately work on a solution for those days .... :-(

For this blog hop the participants were supposed to choose one of the existing stamp sets from There She Goes (that means you will see each set from TSG in a project on the hop :) ) and use it fror a project.
I chose "Life's a beach". It fits perfect to our summer weather here in south AL.

And I had this tin sitting on my desk since the kids emptied it a couple weeks ago - it was filled with cookies from the Pepperridge Farm and I swear the kids ate them all ;-). I love to reuse regular household item so I thought it would be great idea to transform it in a "Paradise Fund" tin. Putting a little money away while it doesn't hurt too much is always a good idea. And since we love to travel .... well, extra money is always appreciated, right?
I painted it all in white with acrylic paint and after it was try I decorated it. Coloring was done with Copics and Stamping Pastels. Everything else is self-explanatory (???).


I just had to made this little 4x4 card - the paper is in my stash for ever and I wanted to use it so badly - and today is the day, tadaaaa! The paper is so sparkly and yummy. Copic were used here too. And to make the drinks shiny I added a little crystal effect to them.

Now it's time to send you on to Tiffany's blog. I hope you have as much fun blog-hopping as I had putting this all together. Hope to see you soon and thank you so much for taking the time and visiting me here.

Hugs Tanja

65 comments:

B said...

Oh how lovely! Love your summery fund bucket! How cool is that?

Joy said...

what great stuff!

Gabby said...

Awesome creations!

Becky said...

Wonderful fund bucket

lisa said...

I like this stamp set and what you did with it.

Anonymous said...

Oooow love the look of those drinkies:-)

Kim Mc said...

What wonderful creations! Thanks so much for the fabulous inspiration!

Aloha, Kim

Pam said...

Love everything but the tin was really a WOW!!

stampinfun71 said...

wonderful creations!

♥Rach♥ said...

Love this, what an ADORABLE and super creative idea! Totally worth your work :0)

Heidi B said...

Wow, I love that tin idea! Not sure I understand just how you colored it, but it's great!!

Becky Carafa said...

Great project!

Anita said...

Fun set!

Stacy Simpson said...

great projects!

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute! I love both projects!

Kristy said...

Fabulous! TFS!

Jen Carter said...

Great job! Great job on your coloring!!

Beth S said...

Love the bucket. The card is beautifully coloured. Well done.

Sharon Basel said...

what a fantastic way to showcase this stamp set. I just love it - the most creative i've seen so far!

Melissa S said...

Beautiful!

Heide said...

Super work with this set! I love the bucket and the drinks on the card look yummy!

Crafty Math Chick said...

I love to repurpose things too and love your idea of the paradise fun - so cute! And such a lovely container to look at while you are saving. The shading on your card is pretty too. Happy Mother's Day!~Meredith

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Lovely card and that tin is fantastic!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

fab tin and deeeelish card

Cassie_lu said...

wonderful projects and the colors are tropical

Amy Kolling said...

Great cards!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh yummy!! Pass me a frosty umbrella drink too, please! Awesomeness!!

JenRaff said...

Great card and love the vacation fund tin! What a great idea!

Unknown said...

Tanja...Your creations are just gorgeous!! Love all the details you have put into them...Xx

Dana Joy said...

Love your creations.

akagreenhouse said...

These are adorable!

Michelle VP said...

Great idea to decorate a tin for a paradise fund! Perfect drinks for your paper too. :)

BJ said...

Awesome Job!!!! Your tin seems to be a big hit. Thank You for taking the time to make your great creations.

Melissa said...

Your card and your tin are adorable! Love them!

Silke Ledlow said...

Tanja your card and vacation fund tin are awesome!!! Your photos are just perfect...no worries!!! Hugs ~S~

Unknown said...

Love the fund project...neat idea.

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

fantastic! Love the idea of a paradise fund! I need one of these, but self-funding! LOL!

Barb Turpin said...

Cute, cute - especially like the little umbrellas!

Tammy Miller said...

what a great card so cute!

Maureen said...

Love your card and especially the ca - Paradise Fund - too funny!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Super cool!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Very tropical, now I feel like getting on a plane!

Pam said...

Your projects look just great even if you think the pictures aren't good. I look your projects.

Sonia said...

Beautiful card!! Great Job!

**Sony**
Sonia-Studio60

Ddmac58 said...

Darling container and card! They make me wish for some beach time! Thanks for sharing!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

great projects! Thanks for being part of this hop!

Su G said...

great tin to keep your sea glass or seashells in. I also love your 4x4. Oh and my kids always get the pepperidge farm cookies (even when they don't know they are in the house;) )

Sandra MacLean said...

Tanja, my sweet friend!! This is sooo creative! I was sooo happy to see that you were this week's featured stamper on TSG blog! :)

(PS. I've tried replying to your emails but I always get an email back saying your inbox is full? I miss you my friend!)

marilynwillauer said...

Adorable!! Love the sand dollar border on the bottom of the can!!!
mlwcreations@hotmail.com

Linda said...

FABULOUS little way to save for that beach trip!!! Your creation is so BEAUTIFUL!!

Gail L said...

Oh ya! It's 5 o clock somewhere!

Jennifer said...

Great covered tin! Hard to believe it had cookies in it at one time.....

Theresa said...

Great project! Cute card too!! I think I need a margarita.

Jackie said...

This is so neat! I love this, was to rock this set!

Linda Carson said...

You should hide that can!!! lol Love it & your card!

Michele Lourenco said...

Great projects..... I wish I was drinking some of those Margarita's in Hawaii

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Tanja the beach themed projects are fantastic. I think the canister is my favorite.

Smiles!
Gwen

Arielle H Gordon said...

These are beautiful!!! You put me to shame... I only had time to make 1 card...lol!

kksb said...

Your card and cookie tin are snappy!

Unknown said...

Tanja, what a fabulous project!! I love the fun idea for the "Paradise Fund"!!

Alyssa S said...

What great creations! Love the "paradise fund"!

Lillian Child said...

Your sweet paradise fund tin - too cute, and the island drinks card brings back memories of a cruise I took several years ago - love adding crystal effects to card elements.

Gail said...

fun project!

Melina said...

Great projects! My kids eat all the cookies too...wink wink :)

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

Awesome job on your project, what a fun idea! Thanks for playing along in our Mother Of All Blog Hops :)